Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Smoke and TV

As the primary keeper, tidier and worrier of our home, I finally understand the laments of mothers and house owners all around the world:

Why doesn't anything work around here?

The kitchen tap is dripping, the bathroom sink is clogged, the hot water in the shower is dodgy, the fire alarm sets off at the drop of a hat, the brand new bed is creaky (although only on the heavier person's side haha). Now to top it all off, my oven is chocking out chemical fumes! T.T

Sigh, excuse me while I go air out the place.

*

Now let's talk TV for a bit.

Glee has made its long awaited return! And, I don't know if it's just me, or perhaps my expectations of it are too much, but the debut episode kinda lacked... oomph-ness. Considering that the finale went out with a bang (winning sectionals, Mr Schu finally leaving his skitsy wife and THE EPIC KISS), the new episodes are quite anti-climax in comparison... and to a certain extent, even a little repetitive. =/

I hope it gets better, I'm sure it will. Songs are still top notch though, and Sue Slyvester's 'Vogue' music video was simply mind-blowingly hilarious.

*

Then there's 'Community'. If I haven't already told you about this genius piece of a 22-minute gem, I'm telling you now:

Watch this, if it's the only TV show you have time for.

Here's a taste of what you can expect:



The best bits of the show are always at the end credit.


On my list to start (finally start) watching:

Help Me Help You - I think I like anything with seriously demented characters.

Modern Family - it is reminiscence of Arrested Development, judging from the sneak peeks they had on Channel 10.

Underbelly


And under recommendation of Dennis koh:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand


It's supposed to bring out the balls in me.

2 comments:

  1. Really? I think after the awesome ending the other day,we probably expected too much for it to be 'Ummph'... am downloading now, i dont think it will reach Malaysia that soon and i dont have time to watch TV anyway ): sigh. and oh, the part where everything screws up at home - normal. i'm having it too! *double sigh* miss you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn annoying kan? My mum used to have this theory that appliances conspire to break down at the same time - one stuffs up the rest ikuts. -.-

    But yeah don't let my review cloud your viewing pleasure. :) Maybe it was just me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails