Monday, June 21, 2010

Carbon copies



My baby sister, looking more and more like me each day! :)

I never really saw the resemblance that everyone else raves about. In fact I've always thought it's just something people say out of courtesy or social correctness after a sibling is introduced. Much like people going, "Oh the baby looks just like you!" regardless on whether it's true or not, because you know, that's just what you say.

Or maybe it's just me, who thinks that most babies look more or less the same. =.=

But oh this photo! The eyes! The smile! The cheekbones! The hair even, if you don't take the colour into consideration (actually it's not hard to picture me in dark hair, seeing as my regrowth are sprouting rather noticeably -.-). I've never really stepped back and compare the similarities in our features, plus I hadn't seen her for over 2 years so she's grown quite a bit - mostly in height, but clearly in facial development too.


She's almost caught up with me, and she's only 11! Although I'm positive I stopped growing at 14, so if genetics dictate correctly, she only has 3 more years to go.

Ahh my baby sis. Her first boy crush, her impeccably bad taste in music (although she at least has an ear for Queen and Aerosmith, so all's not lost), her drama-mama bff antics... Brings back memories, it does. And when she comes to me for big sis advices, I have to remember how it was to be 11, when marrying Lee Brennan* was something entirely feasible, and everyone BUT the crush-upon boy has to know about the 'love situation'. And then some on-off bff will inadvertently spill the beans to said boy, and thus is the end of the world as you know it.

*Lee Brennan - lead member of mid-late 90s British boy band, 911, whom was destined to become me and my best friend's shared husband.

With all said, she's a great kid where it all matters. As much as she tries to act all grown-up and smart-ass (part having an older sister 14 years her senior, part Disney Channel influence), she's still always the girl with the big heart, who's sensitive deep down but tries very hard not to show it. I think she's at the point in her life where crying in front of others is not an option, even if it's during a sad movie, because she wants to act tough.

My big little sister who will defend me to death, and even stand up to mum for me when she knows that I'm right. My biggest fan, my no.1 supporter, my baby sis who has always been proud of me and love me despite my misgivings and absence.

Miss her to bits, the little princess, can't wait to see her again in, hopefully, a few months' time. Even though we'll probably go out of way to annoy each other if we spend any more than 2 weeks together. But I guess that's family for you, hey? :)


xx
Hsin

4 comments:

  1. WTF SHE SO BIG ALREADY AH?

    --> fails

    (btw she does really look a lot like you haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW RIGHT? And that's coming from me who hasn't seen her for 2 years. It's probably a lot longer for you eh?

    (yes I am delighted at the fact that a mini-Hsin is out there. now all she needs is a mini-Jill to straighten her out. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, it'll be a really mini-Jill then..

    Cause the only way I can see that happening is having kids of my own that hopefully don't look like KevChoo. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAhahaha that's so mean but so hilarious to imagine! Little bespectacled twig-limb-ed kids running around the house. ^^ Just as long as you train them to ganas like you then all's good. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails