Thursday, May 13, 2010

Traveling Blues

Oh mai, only less than a month and I'm already reduced to updating once a week. -.-

I'm sorry. It will be more frequent in the upcoming weeks. Have a lot under (in?) my sleeves at the moment, and plans are being put in motion! For now I will not say anything as to not jinx it, but I'm allowing myself to feel just a bit excited. Wish me luck for this mystery endeavour!

In the meantime, I've been kept busy with lots of work and traveling for work. It's good money, but I think I'm starting to feel a little burned out from doing the same thing over and over again, and then there's the petty office politics that I sense myself inevitably getting dragged in. All because some people deem themselves more worthy of getting certain jobs than other lesser beings. =.=

But let's not get into that.

I used to love traveling. I loved every bit of it, even the packing and the long flights and the questionable hotel food. I had no complains about plans spanning out of schedule, or things going awry. I was simply happy being in a different place from home, and everything else was secondary.

For a long time, I could never fathom how grownups could complain about traveling, business or otherwise. Surely they've gotta love the buffet brekkies in the morning, the complementary tea and coffee in the room, the bubble baths, and the incredible beds to jump on without getting into trouble. Then to hear how they never took the opportunity to sight see or buy souvenir fridge magnets - preposterous!

Then there's me in the present, traveling, well, to regional towns in WA, and all I can think about is how much I wish I was home instead. Admittedly, some of these towns were not the greatest, but there were times when I've had the opportunity to visit places where others would have to pay a lot of money for. And... I was simply not all that interested.

If left to my own device, I don't want to go sightseeing. I don't want to take photos. I most definitely do not want to buy little fridge magnet souvenirs. I just want to work, eat, get paid, and leave (although the food bit still excites me a little, depending on where I am).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate being given the travel opportunities, and I know how some people would do anything short of murder(ing me) to go in my place. I simply do not see the huge fuss in yet another nondescript motel and yet another staple pub food menu.

I think I need a proper holiday. From work and responsibilities and worrying about finances. =/ Any takers?


Moody,
Hsin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails