Thursday, May 6, 2010

Holy smokes

A quickie while waiting for tonight's dinner to defrost.

First off, a big ribs-crushing, breath-arresting hug to my darling Jill who's on her way to London to take over Great Britain; and be one step closer to world domination. If she succeeds, when she succeeds, the royalty of the design world will be shitting themselves with awe in her presence.

All the best now, Jillie-beans! <3 I'll be crossing my fingers and praying hard for you. :)

..

Secondly, congratulations to boss Ryan for totally kicking ass in the Busselton Half-Ironman last weekend.

Was that a plug? I think that was. :D

My appreciation for Ironman and similar racing events is, unfortunately, not great, so I can't honestly say I share the enthusiasm. Sorry Ryan. -.- I do however, admire the commitment and hard work that goes into it. It's something we could all do with, this raw, unbridled passion for something. Makes life a bit more interesting. :)

..

And finally, a little reminder of home today:


Haze clouding the city of Perth


The smell of smoke in the air, the less-than-5km visibility radius, the dull looking sun clouded by dust particles. Throw in the heat and humidity, and you have yourself a second Kuala Lumpur!

Only difference I supposed, is that the haze isn't a result of illegal burnings from neighbouring countries who continue to deny their faults and refuses to apologize. I'm talking about you, Indonesian authorities. And Malaysian authorities, you guys are not any better. Please buck up and enforce some sort of legislation against the bi-annually burn offs please?

Thank you.

Hsin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug Hsin. I hope you have some unbridled passion in you for something too!
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww shucks, no sweat Ryan (aha geddit?). You keep on running and sampling panna cottas while I unleash a cream-puff-making frenzy among the RGIS crew. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails