Saturday, September 25, 2010

Footie Finale

GRAAAAAND FINAAAAAL WEEKEEEEEEEND!!!

Just once I'll like to be in Melbourne during Grand Finals week, to be in the middle of all the festivity and excitement and alcoholic haze. I came close to it last year, when we flew into Victoria for Mitch's friend's wedding. Unfortunately, said wedding was on Grand Finals day itself - so instead of trapping myself in Federation Square (or any other large open spaces with live telecast cos let's be realistic - there was no way I could afford tickets), we were barricaded inside with no TV access, waiting for the groom and his men who were late because they had to stop by Maccas to grab lunch wtf.

We made it home just in time to see the Geelong boys kick the winning goal against Saints. Which was hardly a consolation since we missed the whole goddamn game, but at least we won.



And then this year we lost at the semis. T_T

So the first time in 3 years, I don't have a team to barrack for on finals, and I'm just a little bit at lost. Out of the two teams, one is the public enemy and the other is the team we beat last season. Macam mana, who better to root for?



I'm kidding, of course I know who. GO SAINTS! As much as I have a sinking feeling that Collingwood is going to win the premiership, I think I speak for all non-Pies fans that I hope the Red, Black and White will just sneak by with a 1 point win at the very last second. And it will be some epic goal by Goddard, because I said so.

Now where's my beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails